Funding meetings have been underway with a range of interested parties, with generous offers of support received in response to the Bedford & Milton Keynes Waterways Trust appeal to members, but the team still has a way to go to hit the target for commissioning the boat. Details of the appeal and Online Small Donations scheme can be found at: www.b-mkwaterway.org.uk/founding-funder-and-public-appeals-the-trust-seeks-help-to-float-the-milton-keynes-community-boat
All donations are welcome – as are suggestions of grant fund sources.
Meeting on Monday 9th March, 7-9pm at The Parks Trust HQ
First up on the next meeting will be a presentation from Directors of the Bedford & Milton Keynes Waterway Trust about the objectives and work of the Trust, how members can become involved, and how trip boat operations run by Trust Volunteers contribute to the overall picture. This will be followed by a discussion about recruiting more volunteers and spreading the word about the community boat project, and finally, updates on finance, boat specification and timetable.
Crew Practice Help
Some of the prospective boat crew are new to narrow boating and need a little bit more helming practice before starting training. If you have a narrow boat in the Milton Keynes area and are willing to go out for a few hours with a couple of the prospective crew, please contact Denise Taylor by emailing: email@example.com or call 07969 929083.
Please get in touch if you are interested in helping with a one-off task or would like to support the project by taking on an ongoing role.
- Someone with a boat in MK who can check cruising times between locations
- Owner of 54ft narrowboat in MK who can test turning points
- Someone who can update and improve our media contact list
- Someone with experience in market research to help evaluate cruise options
- Someone with experience to develop our communications strategy
- Someone who can help craft good ads for ongoing volunteer roles
- Someone who can help find free day and evening small meeting spaces for up to 10 people
Ongoing volunteer roles
- Press Officer who can create regular effective press releases
- PR Officer who can do reach out to new markets/funders
- Graphic Designer to help with print and web items to attract both volunteers and customers
- WordPress and Mailchimp whizzes to work on volunteer and public communications
- Sales team members interested in promoting different types of cruises
- Purchasing Officer to liaise with BMKWEL and Trust FDs
- Sales Lead
- Lead Skipper
- Maintenance Lead
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer or would like any more information about the project.